Without prejudice to the powers and duties of other government agencies, the NCC shall assume the powers and duties necessary to achieve its objectives, including the following:
- Enhancing the competitive environment in the Kingdom and improving the Kingdom’s ranking and rating in relevant global indicators and reports.
- Partnering with government agencies and private entities, including non- profit civil society associations and organizations, to serve its objectives.
- Proposing plans to enhance the Kingdom’s competitiveness in various fields upon coordination with relevant government agencies and private entities.
- Reviewing relevant laws and proposing amendments to applicable laws in coordination with relevant government agencies and in accordance with applicable statutory procedures.
- Conducting relevant research and studies.
- Identifying the challenges of developing a competitive environment as well as making recommendations for addressing such challenges and ensuring the compliance of relevant agencies therewith.
- Concluding memoranda of understanding and cooperating with government agencies and private entities to consolidate efforts aimed at enhancing the competitive environment in the Kingd
- Monitoring the government agencies’ compliance with the reforms necessary for improving the Kingdom's competitiveness.
- Organizing and holding relevant local, regional, and international forums, conferences, seminars, and workshops, in accordance with applicable statutory procedures.
- Monitoring and analyzing all indicators and reports issued by international organizations relating to the competitive environment in the Kingdom and seeking to advance the Kingdom's ranking and rating therein in cooperation with relevant agencies.
- Building strategic partnerships with global organizations and centers for the development of competitiveness.
- Benefiting from the practices and experiences of countries with advanced rankings and ratings in international competitiveness indicators and reports.
- Surveying public opinion regarding the competitive environment in the Kingdom in different fields.
- Creating a database indicating the Kingdom's ranking and rating in global competitiveness indicators and reports, the progress it has achieved, and the impact of reforms on the competitive environment in the Kingdom.